IR5500 Open Path Infrared Gas Detector
The IR5500 is an open path infrared (IR) gas detector that continuously monitors for flammable gas leaks over large open areas. It monitors in both the LEL-m and ppm-m ranges to detect both small and large leaks. The IR5500 offers the benefits of early detection with its high sensitivity to gas concentrations at the ppm levels. This feature allows it to alarm faster than an LEL-only detector. Digital display and adjustable mounting arms ensure easy alignment. Factory calibrated for low-maintenance operation.
- Sensitive to both small (ppm.meter) and large (LEL.meter) gas leaks using dual detection ranges
- Ideal for use in harsh environments (-55°C)
- Single detection beam improves accuracy and reduces drift
- Continuous self-check for fail-to-safe operation
- Multiple communication outputs (HART, Modbus, AMS support) provide complete status and control capability in the control room
- Unitized display makes it easy to operate
- Automatic gain control compensates for dirty optics, rain, and fog
Approvals subject to change without notice and may differ based on configuration, part number and/or country.
Contact Customer Service or check approval label on product for specific approval information.
- Data Sheet
- IR5500 OPIR Gas Detector - Installation Guidelines
- IR5500 OPIR Gas Detector - Alignment Guidelines
- White Papers