ALTAIR® 5X Multigas Detector
The ALTAIR 5X Gas Detector is capable of measuring up to 6 gases simultaneously and is now available with integrated PID sensor for VOC detection. Driven by advanced MSA XCell® Sensor Technology, the ALTAIR 5X Gas Detector delivers faster response time, better stability, accuracy, longer service life, and cost savings over the life of the instrument.
ALTAIR® 5X Multigas Detector
- Detects combustible gases in LEL and/or volume percentage range, oxygen, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, sulfur dioxide, ammonia, chlorine, VOCs, and many others depending upon sensor configuration.
- Rugged overmolded polycarbonate housing provides unsurpassed durability, including ability to survive 10-ft. (3m) drop; IP65-certified.
- Field-proven integral pump provides consistent gas flow, eliminating concerns of externally-attached components.
- High performance XCell Sensors last longer:
- Typical life greater than 4 years for combustible, O2, CO/H2S, SO2, CO/NO2 and CO (high concentration) sensors.
- Typical life greater than 3 years for NH3 and Cl2 sensors.
- Most sensor response and clear times <15 seconds.
- Less calibration gas used:
- Requires about half of test gas typically used for calibration and bump tests.
- Rapid bump test gives results in less than 10 seconds for most common sensor configurations.
- Span calibration time of 60 seconds for most common sensor configurations.
- MotionAlert feature option tells others that user has become immobile.
- InstantAlert feature provides manual alarm to alert others as to a potentially hazardous situation.
- PID option allows for accurate, reliable VOC response with programmable reference factors.
- Large buttons and bright display provide easy operation, even when users wear gloves.
- Exclusive end-of-sensor warning cautions users when unit's sensor nears end-of-life.
- Versatile MSA Link™ Software allows users to transmit data to a computer.
- Compatible with GALAXY® GX2 Test System and MSA Link Pro Software for fleet management.
- Wireless bluetooth included standard.
Approvals subject to change without notice and may differ based on configuration, part number and/or country.
Contact Customer Service or check approval label on product for specific approval information.
- USA Approvals
- Canadian Approvals
- European Union
- Australia 5XiR - 08_ALTAIR5XiR_CERT_ANZEX
- Australia 5X - 08_ALTAIR5X_CERT_ANZEx
- Brazil 5X - 08_ALTAIR5X_CERT_INMETRO
- Brazil 5XiR - 08_ALTAIR5XiR_CERT_INMETRO
- Brazil 5X PID - 08_ALTAIR5XPID_CERT_INMETRO
- Brazil (Anatel) - 08_ALTAIR5X_5XiR_5XPID_CER_UL-ANATEL
- India 5X - 08_ALTAIR5X_CERT_PESO
- India 5XiR - 08_ALTAIR5XiR_CERT_PESO
- India 5X PID - 08_ALTAIR5XPID_CERT_PESO
- Japan 5X - 08_ALTAIR5X_CERT_TIIS-(with-LEL)
- Japan 5X - 08_ALTAIR5X__CERT_TIIS-(without-LEL)
- Japan 5XiR - 08_ALTAIR5XiR_CERT_TIIS
- South Africa (SANS) 5X
- South Africa (SANS) 5XiR
- South Africa (SANS) 5X PID
- Brochure: Altair 5X® Multigas Detector
- Brochure: ALTAIR 5X® Multigas Detector Features & Benefits
- Brochure: ALTAIR 5X® Multigas Detector FAQ
- Brochure: ALTAIR 5X® Multigas Detector Overview
- Brochure: Photoionization Detectors (PIDs) Theory, Uses & Applications
- Brochure: XCell Sensors
- ALTAIR® Connect App
- ALTAIR® 2X, 4X & 5X Gas Detectors Electrochemical Sensor Cross-Sensitivity Data