When you’re thousands of feet down a mineshaft, you have to know you can trust your equipment. That’s why people turn to MSA.
Leading the Way in Underground Mining
Below the earth’s surface, the dangers are far different than anything seen above ground. We’ll help keep you safe.
MSA delivers whole body protection every day at the mine.
- Head: MSA is the world leader in head protection. Experience the difference yourself and you’ll quickly see why.View all head protection products
- Eyes: Unparalleled protection with options and style to fit every need. View all eye protection products
- Face:With 50+ face shields, frames and chin protectors, you’ll always find just the right face protection. View all face protection products
- Hearing: We offer passive and electronic hearing protection for nearly every mining application. View all hearing protection products
V-Gard® Full Brim Hard Hats
The MSA V-Gard Helmet, with its distinctive trademark “V” design, is a world recognized brand known for comfort, quality, and durability. MSA has sold well over 100 million V-Gard Helmets since its introduction – so many in fact, that the iconic “V” design has been a mainstay for many years on even the toughest worksites. When you want the best comfort, quality and durability worn by millions across the globe, you need to buy the original MSA V-Gard Helmet, settle for nothing less.View details
Always know what’s in the air around you
- Reliable: Our portable gas detectors keep their exacting accuracy in the most challenging confined-space conditions.
- Flexible: As your environments change, our detectors quickly adapt to new conditions.
- Innovative: All of our products combine advanced sensor technology with proven durability.
- Easy-to-use: Portable gas detection so intuitive, you can focus on safety rather than confusing interfaces.
ALTAIR® 5X Multigas Detector
The ALTAIR 5X Gas Detector is capable of measuring up to 6 gases simultaneously and is now available with integrated PID sensor for VOC detection. Driven by advanced MSA XCell® Sensor Technology, the ALTAIR 5X Gas Detector delivers faster response time, better stability, accuracy, longer service life, and cost savings over the life of the instrument.View details
Fall protection that has your back.
MSA offers a wide range of fall protection systems you can customize for your underground mining needs.View all fall protection products
Advantage® 420 Half-Mask Respirator
With its UniBond over-mold facepiece, AnthroCurve™ face seal, and low profile design, the Advantage 420 Respirator is the superior option for respiratory protection. The over-mold facepiece and face seal ensure the unit provides an excellent fit and comfort to the wearer. The unique yoke and harness design (patent pending) allows a user to easily don and doff the state-of-the-art respirator while maintaining a customized fit. Other features include a ComforTop headband, a built-in moisture release chin cup hole, and the extra-wide head and neck straps.View details
Helpful Information and Resources
Now you can breathe easier.
MSA shows you how to comply with the new Respiratory Protection Standard.
It’s time for a deep dive into the MSHA Personal Protective Equipment Handbook.
Everything you need to know about respiratory protection, self-rescue devices, and personal body protection in the mine.